Our festival, based in the UK, seeks works made by filmmakers from Caribbean backgrounds and/or that celebrate and explore Caribbean themes, and themes of interest and relevance to people from the Caribbean Diaspora.
The Windrush Caribbean Film Festival (WCFF) aims to engage and educate audiences in cinemas and art venues across the UK about the contributions of the Windrush generation and its impact on the country through screenings, talkbacks and micro-cinema challenge that will take place in cinemas, schools and community centres across the country.
Submission Rules and Terms
All lengths and genres accepted from Caribbean filmmakers or those with Caribbean ancestry (or heritage).
Preview copy must be sent through secure online storage via the entry form.
- Please have your marketing materials ready. We do a significant amount of marketing for the festival and without proper imagery it is difficult to promote films.
- Please provide a HIGH RES POSTER image for your film (at least 800x1200px minimum 150dpi).
- Include 2 STILL SHOTS from your film
- Include 2 PRODUCTION STILLS.
- Please have your Electronic Press Kit (EPK) ready for submission in the form.
Costs and Charges
The participant must pay print shipping costs to London. The festival will pay the cost of shipping exhibition prints back to the participant. Please do not send preview or screening copies by courier, as these may incur customs and duties charges. Windrush Caribbean Film Festival will not cover these charges, and will refuse the package.
Films in foreign languages must be subtitled in English.